Friday 27 April 2018

Random Acts During Art School - a poem

"Random Acts"
a poem

The H has this annoying habit
Preserved for when I’m out of the house
on indulgent retreats

Such as a week-long poetry course ...

While I’m elsewhere
He’ll choose a random part of the kitchen and
Undo it

WHY?????????
To show off my slovenliness
Or his house husband-y-ness

Back at the ranch on Wednesday night, I found a herd of jars
Nineteen in total
Corralled on the bench whinnying for attention
Mine

I had foolishly demanded only the day before
‘Where are all those Pic’s peanut butter jars I keep
to re-use?’

Well there they were
In all their semi-sterilised, greasy glory

And all I could think at their finding
was
Fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-->

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

We Need To Talk About Harry

  I was the only nearly 59-year-old woman wearing a silver sequinned tube dress and pearls at the Harry Styles concert at Mt Smart stadium l...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...